Updated: Mar 11, 2020
This is a perfect dessert for the week-end. Easy, delicious, gluten-free and low-carb. Remember to choose organic ingredients whenever it is possible.
300 g dark chocolate, 80% cocoa
300 g melted butter
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
50 g ground macadamia nuts
2 tbs honey
1 tbs coconut flour
a pinch of salt
(1 tbsp cognac)
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C
2. Melt the chocolate with the butter.
3. Ground the macadamia nuts in a food processor. Mix it with the coconut flour.
4. Whisk the egg yolks with the honey until fluffy.
5. Add the macadamia-coconut flour mix.
6. Beat the egg whites with the salt to stiff peaks .
7. Mix the chocolate-butter mix with the whisked egg yolks, then fold carefully in the whipped egg whites.
8. Pour the cake mix into a prepared pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
9. Enjoy the cake with whipped cream or a tbs of mascarpone.